iStudentUK
Apr 10, 11:07 AM
Not quite true that "Europeans" have a minimum wage of $18/hour. Remember conditions in the UK, France, Germany, Spain etc will be quite different to say Romania and Slovakia (but they will still have minimum standards set by the EU).
Later this year the UK minimum wage will be �6.08 for adults. That's $9.96 today, so $10. Presuming 5 day working week the minimum holiday amount is 28 days (5.6 weeks). The employer can control when you take time off, but can't be silly about it.
Loads of other stuff as well makes it complex. For example, you must either have 24 continual hours off in a 7 day period or 48 continual hours in 14.
Remember, we have high taxes (~20% VAT etc) but better public services in general. The UK average house price is �232k ($380k), I understand your average is ~$280k.
Swings and roundabouts!
Later this year the UK minimum wage will be �6.08 for adults. That's $9.96 today, so $10. Presuming 5 day working week the minimum holiday amount is 28 days (5.6 weeks). The employer can control when you take time off, but can't be silly about it.
Loads of other stuff as well makes it complex. For example, you must either have 24 continual hours off in a 7 day period or 48 continual hours in 14.
Remember, we have high taxes (~20% VAT etc) but better public services in general. The UK average house price is �232k ($380k), I understand your average is ~$280k.
Swings and roundabouts!
Multimedia
Sep 12, 06:31 PM
just encoded 5 secs of video using the quicktime default export for ipod... now the default is 640 x 480 that plays too.Please explain exactly how from where you did that. I am still trying with handbrake and EyeTV. The EyeTV2 export is supposed to be connected to the QuickTime but the iPod default is not H.264 640x480 in the EyetV2 Export windows.
BRLawyer
Sep 9, 11:32 AM
You again with your ludicrous claims? What makes you think that Mac Pro is the fastest desktop there is? What is the secret ingredient that makes it faster than other machines, considering that it uses same components than others do? And since Mac Pro supports less RAM (16GB vs. 64GB) than Dell does (for example), how could you say that it's "the most powerful"? Compared to Dell, it will be dog-slow for tasks that require a lot of RAM.
Now, I hate Windows and I use it at work because I have no choice. An there are plenty of bad things in it. But I don't get any BSODs. I really don't. Back when I used a desktop, I sometimes left the machine running for weeks and I had no problems.
When was the last time you used Windows? Back in Windows ME-days?
Seriously: I think you should take a chill-pill an dial-back that fanboyishness of yours.
Evangelion, I was picking on Aiden (as I always do) and we are normally able to exchange silly arguments with no fighting...
Could you just calm down and shut up for now? Really, go spend your posts on other people...no need to worry about my "fanboy" behavior...after all, this is a forum devoted to Mac fans and rumors...so please leave if you don't like it.
Now, I hate Windows and I use it at work because I have no choice. An there are plenty of bad things in it. But I don't get any BSODs. I really don't. Back when I used a desktop, I sometimes left the machine running for weeks and I had no problems.
When was the last time you used Windows? Back in Windows ME-days?
Seriously: I think you should take a chill-pill an dial-back that fanboyishness of yours.
Evangelion, I was picking on Aiden (as I always do) and we are normally able to exchange silly arguments with no fighting...
Could you just calm down and shut up for now? Really, go spend your posts on other people...no need to worry about my "fanboy" behavior...after all, this is a forum devoted to Mac fans and rumors...so please leave if you don't like it.
toddybody
Apr 14, 12:52 PM
Not real Macs.
Whew, thanks for clearing that up...I was really under the wrong impression :rolleyes:
Whew, thanks for clearing that up...I was really under the wrong impression :rolleyes:
fxtech
Apr 19, 08:37 AM
Who is this Samsung who has developed most of its own stuff? Living abroad casts a good shadow on Samsung, but in its home country, Sammy is just a thug with endless pockets (thanks to tax freedom granted by the Korean government). Samsung buy out other techs and then put their badge and later, establish their name as the manufacturer. They are NOT innovators.
Yeah Apple has never done that.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
Yeah Apple has never done that.
Except for NeXT, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Color, Aperture, the list goes on...
heehee
Apr 25, 09:06 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me reassure my mother that she'll get out of a parking ticket that we got tonight.
We were going out to dinner, and we parked in a handicap spot in downtown ann arbor (we were parallell parking). The sign wasn't clearly visible, so we didn't put up my grandmother's handicap sign in the windshield (she was with us). When we came back from dinner, my Mom found a nice $100 parking ticket on the windshield (her first in 24 years) because there was no handicap sign. So here's my question, she should get out of it if she goes down to the police station with my grandma and my grandma's handicap sign, right? She convinced that that won't work, but I think it will. Any opinions?
Thanks,
Don
Good luck with reporting my plates. I've done that to drunk drivers before, the 911 operator has told me "We're sorry sir, we cannot divert officers based on heresy." Also, see above: My uncle is the traffic court judge in the jurisdiction where I did this, good luck getting a ticket to stand.
EDIT: @mrsirs2009 - No I actually just felt like going fast.
-Don
Listen you're not going to beat me with legal antics. My mother is a senior partner at the largest law firm in Michigan. I've grown up in legal libraries and in courtrooms watching her. You're lie detector statement is total BS. Lie detectors are not admissible in a court of law; also a court can not compel someone to take a polygraph. My previous history would be easily disputed. There were no witnesses present (besides my mother) when I was highbeaming her and laying on my horn. There were however cars present when she brakechecked me. There was one car present when I brakechecked her, but not when I cut her off. The simple fact is that I plan these things out in order to reduce my legal exposure, and increase the other person's legal exposure, in case there were to be an accident/law suit.
Go ahead and call me twisted for giving people what they deserve. It amazes me how such little things tick people off.
-Don
I thought your mom is a senior partner at the largest law firm in Michigan and your uncle is the traffic court judge ? :D
We were going out to dinner, and we parked in a handicap spot in downtown ann arbor (we were parallell parking). The sign wasn't clearly visible, so we didn't put up my grandmother's handicap sign in the windshield (she was with us). When we came back from dinner, my Mom found a nice $100 parking ticket on the windshield (her first in 24 years) because there was no handicap sign. So here's my question, she should get out of it if she goes down to the police station with my grandma and my grandma's handicap sign, right? She convinced that that won't work, but I think it will. Any opinions?
Thanks,
Don
Good luck with reporting my plates. I've done that to drunk drivers before, the 911 operator has told me "We're sorry sir, we cannot divert officers based on heresy." Also, see above: My uncle is the traffic court judge in the jurisdiction where I did this, good luck getting a ticket to stand.
EDIT: @mrsirs2009 - No I actually just felt like going fast.
-Don
Listen you're not going to beat me with legal antics. My mother is a senior partner at the largest law firm in Michigan. I've grown up in legal libraries and in courtrooms watching her. You're lie detector statement is total BS. Lie detectors are not admissible in a court of law; also a court can not compel someone to take a polygraph. My previous history would be easily disputed. There were no witnesses present (besides my mother) when I was highbeaming her and laying on my horn. There were however cars present when she brakechecked me. There was one car present when I brakechecked her, but not when I cut her off. The simple fact is that I plan these things out in order to reduce my legal exposure, and increase the other person's legal exposure, in case there were to be an accident/law suit.
Go ahead and call me twisted for giving people what they deserve. It amazes me how such little things tick people off.
-Don
I thought your mom is a senior partner at the largest law firm in Michigan and your uncle is the traffic court judge ? :D
ajmiyazaki
Apr 11, 07:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
ZumoCast does this quite well and it was free! Im able to stream my itunes music, as well as videos on my mac to my iPhone and iPad. It's no longer on the AppStore while they make improvements, but the website is still up.
www.Zumocast.com
ZumoCast does this quite well and it was free! Im able to stream my itunes music, as well as videos on my mac to my iPhone and iPad. It's no longer on the AppStore while they make improvements, but the website is still up.
www.Zumocast.com
LaMerVipere
Sep 12, 03:36 PM
*fingers still crossed for a software update for current 5G iPod owners to bring 'em up to speed with all the new features* :rolleyes:
Warbrain
Sep 26, 08:50 AM
Yeah, but not if it's locked. I had to call up my provider and beg for my unlock code so that I could use *my* phone in Asia, and then they said yes, and never sent it to me. Call them back, and...well..rinse, repeat.
What about people like me who travel a lot and want to pop in SIM cards in other places? I'm sick and tired of the U.S. market and all of its stupid contract / vendor lock-in ********.
Pity to see Apple on that bandwagon; I hope they just sell the phone in the Apple Store unlocked, and let us choose the carrier we want.
But then they need to build two different phones based on two different sets of components and it would end up being too expensive in the end. Yes, the provider of the service will give you the unlock code for when you want to travel, but Apple and any other company that makes a cell phone will never be able to sell unlocked phones in this country and allow you to choose which provider you want. Nokia is trying it now at their two stores in Chicago and New York, but I can tell you that it's not going to work.
What about people like me who travel a lot and want to pop in SIM cards in other places? I'm sick and tired of the U.S. market and all of its stupid contract / vendor lock-in ********.
Pity to see Apple on that bandwagon; I hope they just sell the phone in the Apple Store unlocked, and let us choose the carrier we want.
But then they need to build two different phones based on two different sets of components and it would end up being too expensive in the end. Yes, the provider of the service will give you the unlock code for when you want to travel, but Apple and any other company that makes a cell phone will never be able to sell unlocked phones in this country and allow you to choose which provider you want. Nokia is trying it now at their two stores in Chicago and New York, but I can tell you that it's not going to work.
stracky
Sep 14, 07:09 AM
a ipod nano with phone function really isnt anythign amazing and would be well behind current technology, they should be fully going for that crazy multi device that was patented lately. at least that would be up with or infront of other technology.
2 iPhones,
- iphone (nano) base phone and cheaper, limited abilties
- iPhone (multifunction device) more expensive and more pda like.
2 iPhones,
- iphone (nano) base phone and cheaper, limited abilties
- iPhone (multifunction device) more expensive and more pda like.
Blue Fox
Nov 14, 12:09 AM
I'm not going to defend Apple because NO BODY on this forum knows the exact circumstances of the situation.
I'm not going to defend Rogue Amoeba because NO BODY on this forum knows the exact circumstances of the situation.
No body knows ****** about either side of the story, yet there are 5 pages of arguments between people saying they know exactly what happened because they read an article that had a quote by someone, and somehow that means that's EXACTLY what happened. Ignorance.
But that's arguing on the internet for you. Pointless.
I'm not going to defend Rogue Amoeba because NO BODY on this forum knows the exact circumstances of the situation.
No body knows ****** about either side of the story, yet there are 5 pages of arguments between people saying they know exactly what happened because they read an article that had a quote by someone, and somehow that means that's EXACTLY what happened. Ignorance.
But that's arguing on the internet for you. Pointless.
Joshuarocks
Apr 11, 01:20 PM
I see how my post wasn't commented on, because it is the TRUTH. Just my point that most of you people are so blind to the corporate media.
Kilamite
Apr 11, 06:26 AM
Because the 3rd party device could be in your neighbours house so your neighbour can see or hear anything that is played through AirPlay from your devices without you knowing. And you might be playing stuff that you wouldn't want your neighbour to see.
Wouldn't that require your neighbour to be on your WiFi network?
Wouldn't that require your neighbour to be on your WiFi network?
aricher
Sep 26, 09:06 AM
I've been a happy Cingular customer for a few years now. Even though I just bought a new Nokia phone I'll gladly snap up an iPhone if it has all the features I need.
brewno
Apr 14, 12:10 PM
Nice. USB3 on a MBP, all I wanted. My '07 MBP C2D is still running perfectly. It can wait a year for it :) I already have a 2Tb USB3 external HD waiting for it.
cube
Mar 30, 01:02 PM
Scotch tape is a brand name of sticky tape.
Yes, like "Xerox", "Band-Aid", and so on.
Yes, like "Xerox", "Band-Aid", and so on.
Maxiseller
Sep 14, 09:35 AM
Yeh I think we all need to realize that this is a photo convention. Its almost certainly not going to hold a large interest for non-photographers or at least people who don't use photoshop or photo manipulation software.
If you're hoping for a typical Keynote with loads of new products for consumers...well we'll have some moaning on our hands!
If you're hoping for a typical Keynote with loads of new products for consumers...well we'll have some moaning on our hands!
w00master
Nov 13, 04:01 PM
Because they are NO LONGER USING THE API! They give the rights to use the API to call and display the image. It doesn't give them the right to take that image and use it for something else outside of the context it was meant to be used.
Let me quote Gruber on this very issue:
"Point 1 is simply wrong; the Airfoil Speakers Touch iPhone app does not contain any of these images. It contains no pictures of Apple computers. It contains no icons of Apple applications. It displays these images after they are sent across the network by Airfoil for Mac. Airfoil for Mac reads these images using public official Mac OS X APIs. I.e. Airfoil Speakers Touch can only show a picture of the Mac it is connected to because the image is sent from the Mac it is connected to."
http://daringfireball.net/2009/11/airfoil_touch_situation
Quit apologizing for Apple.
w00master
Let me quote Gruber on this very issue:
"Point 1 is simply wrong; the Airfoil Speakers Touch iPhone app does not contain any of these images. It contains no pictures of Apple computers. It contains no icons of Apple applications. It displays these images after they are sent across the network by Airfoil for Mac. Airfoil for Mac reads these images using public official Mac OS X APIs. I.e. Airfoil Speakers Touch can only show a picture of the Mac it is connected to because the image is sent from the Mac it is connected to."
http://daringfireball.net/2009/11/airfoil_touch_situation
Quit apologizing for Apple.
w00master
Dr.Gargoyle
Sep 20, 03:22 AM
Nokia will according to a swedish site (http://mobil.mkf.se/ArticlePages/200609/18/20060918085929_MOB699/20060918085929_MOB699.dbp.asp) will release their first true GPS cellphone (integrated GPS reciever) within two weeks.
If Apple want to enter the cellphone market they better get going...
If Apple want to enter the cellphone market they better get going...
iMacZealot
Sep 14, 12:27 AM
The mockups always look real, but when the actual product comes out, it's wayyy cooler than the mockups. Look at the 5G iPods and its fakes.
Everyone seems to know that Apple is waiting to release a phone. It's only natural after all the success the iPod's doing.
As for when this phone comes out, It'll probably be Cingular at a "one more thing" event in october just like last year.
Everyone seems to know that Apple is waiting to release a phone. It's only natural after all the success the iPod's doing.
As for when this phone comes out, It'll probably be Cingular at a "one more thing" event in october just like last year.
nagromme
Oct 12, 02:48 PM
I would love to have a red iPod, but I don't know why we would ever give money to help fight AIDS on a continent where the people take NO precautions to prevent themselves from getting AIDS...
Pretending that your trolling is real:
Money to fight AIDS includes educational efforts so people WILL take precautions.
Just like the educational efforts we have here in the US, where people are not lifetime monogamous :)
PS, "we" wouldn't be giving the money, Apple would. "We" would just get a new color iPod :)
There are many wonderful things about the African people, but there were also many wonderful things about the Dinosaurs, the Dodo bird, and numerous others.
I assume you're not really equating natural selection and genetic evolution, with cultural factors like education.
Because they're actually not the same thing, nor do they work the same.
For instance, here's an interesting fact: dying is necessary for natural selection to work. Dying is NOT necessary for education to work.
So you see, there's an option that involves less dying and suffering. That's what you may be overlooking in your zeal :)
By your logic, why help anyone, when letting them die will make people "smarter and wiser?" Why, children who get hurt on skateboards and behind the wheel should be turned away from hospitals. We would create a super race worthy of the 3rd Reich :o
(Need I mention that much of mathematics, astronomy, and science came from "rudimentary" and "archaic" African scientists who were far ahead of their European counterparts? I'm guessing whatever you have been reading may have omitted some parts of history :) )
Pretending that your trolling is real:
Money to fight AIDS includes educational efforts so people WILL take precautions.
Just like the educational efforts we have here in the US, where people are not lifetime monogamous :)
PS, "we" wouldn't be giving the money, Apple would. "We" would just get a new color iPod :)
There are many wonderful things about the African people, but there were also many wonderful things about the Dinosaurs, the Dodo bird, and numerous others.
I assume you're not really equating natural selection and genetic evolution, with cultural factors like education.
Because they're actually not the same thing, nor do they work the same.
For instance, here's an interesting fact: dying is necessary for natural selection to work. Dying is NOT necessary for education to work.
So you see, there's an option that involves less dying and suffering. That's what you may be overlooking in your zeal :)
By your logic, why help anyone, when letting them die will make people "smarter and wiser?" Why, children who get hurt on skateboards and behind the wheel should be turned away from hospitals. We would create a super race worthy of the 3rd Reich :o
(Need I mention that much of mathematics, astronomy, and science came from "rudimentary" and "archaic" African scientists who were far ahead of their European counterparts? I'm guessing whatever you have been reading may have omitted some parts of history :) )
BrianMojo
Sep 5, 03:56 PM
Come on Apple, show us the HD. In a time when everyone's standoffish about HD because of the format wars Apple adopting the technology would mean you would never have bought into the wrong technology -- and eventually I imagine it would become the standard.
Come on Apple, push the technology forward like you know you should. Please?
Come on Apple, push the technology forward like you know you should. Please?
AppliedVisual
Oct 27, 01:38 PM
Also, thanks for the Apple environment link. Didn't know about the 10% discount on iPods when turning in an old one. With no educational discounts on iPods anymore, that's a pretty decent deal.
Well, you can get a better deal by just selling an old one on ebay. But if you have an old one that doesn't work, there ya go.
Well, you can get a better deal by just selling an old one on ebay. But if you have an old one that doesn't work, there ya go.
Dr.Gargoyle
Sep 14, 05:17 AM
"A taste of things to come" being said by Jobs at the same event as the release of a way to 'type' on an iPod with just the clickwheel :rolleyes:
I don't think there would be a great need for a numpad if dialling, SMS, etc. can all be done from this wheel?
I currently believe that if one is on the way, it would look a lot more like the iPod video of today than we think.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/dsc_0870.jpg
EDIT: Picture.
I think you got something there.
I don't think there would be a great need for a numpad if dialling, SMS, etc. can all be done from this wheel?
I currently believe that if one is on the way, it would look a lot more like the iPod video of today than we think.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/dsc_0870.jpg
EDIT: Picture.
I think you got something there.
No comments:
Post a Comment