Friday, May 13, 2011

2 dollar bill back

2 dollar bill back. 20 dollar bill back and front.
  • 20 dollar bill back and front.



  • EagerDragon
    Sep 12, 08:47 PM
    This is the same thing as having a mac mini connected to your TV...though I guess it has HDMI. This leads me to believe that they will release a Software Update for Front Row upon release of the "iTV".

    Now, who wants to start speculating when this device will become the long-rumored TiVO killer? Doesn't look like there's much room back there to fit in a coax - seems like Apple missed out on a decent opportunity...
    Not the same as a mini. You can not play a DVD like in a mini, you can not store content on a permanent basis like you can with a mini, and is not a full computer like a mini. It has a very small subset of the capabilities of the mini but with HDMI. A mini can do the same and more.





    2 dollar bill back. canadian 20 dollar bill back.
  • canadian 20 dollar bill back.



  • Warbrain
    Oct 8, 07:52 AM
    Not sure if this is linked yet but it's a good read:

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2009/10/08/gartner-declares-android-a-second-place-winner-in-2012-why/

    I personally don't see Android coming anywhere near Apple or RIM because their focus is so splintered and erratic. You're going to end up with the same issue as before - different interfaces on different devices. The only upside will be the uniform system.





    2 dollar bill back. Flying 100 dollar bill Royalty
  • Flying 100 dollar bill Royalty



  • beatle888
    Mar 20, 08:24 PM
    I think it's a great convenience. I'm just saying that the inevitable wrath-of-God response from Apple is somewhat unwarranted.


    somewhat unwarranted? so apple should be passive, lay like a female dog and just take it in submissive glory? i think steves more of a man.





    2 dollar bill back. two dollar bill
  • two dollar bill



  • mac jones
    Mar 12, 04:45 AM
    I think that the key is not to get ahead of ourselves.

    IMHO, it's best to rely upon information provided from a variety of news sources and government sources and then decide for ourselves. It's too easy to jump the gun right now with regards to the nuclear plants.

    Again, just my opinion.

    Yes sound advice.

    But the problem is, I read that there was a minor explosion, so I thought "Fine ok, no biggie". Then I see the video, and it looks like 9-11. So then, there's now a credibility problem. Fear sets in, and doubt.

    You see the pattern.





    2 dollar bill back. 100 dollar bill back
  • 100 dollar bill back



  • Mac Fly (film)
    Sep 21, 12:49 PM
    So if you, and everyone else will have a bit of patience, Apple will work their way out to you.
    What are you a comedian? Give me a break. I expected this sort of reaction. It's very easy to say that when you're not the one being effected by this.





    2 dollar bill back. BACK OF BILL
  • BACK OF BILL



  • hunkaburningluv
    Apr 9, 04:00 PM
    The problem with your view is that Nintendo is a JAPANESE corporation and they are still the boss over the USA counterpart. Apple has to kiss Japan's ass first to do that. I heard a very old story from the 1990s that Microsoft tried to buy them out which Nintendo of Japan's CEO, at the time, discussed and revealed in an interview.

    Guess what? Nintendo of Japan gave Ballmer the finger. Secondly, Nintendo and Apple could partner up in a deal, theoretically, but a buyout will never happen. And no, the Daimler/Chrysler situation is not a good comparison for this industry.

    there was also talk that both would share platform specs but market to different audiences too - it was never meant to be

    Ninty have always made serious money from their hardware and no other gaming company can say that - usually they make a loss with the consoles and make the cash back up with licensing further down the road. No other platform (game wise) can say that. Ninty has enough money now from the wii and the ds/dsi to endure they are around for at least another few generations - they won't 'do a sega' and end up software (crappy at that) only.





    2 dollar bill back. 20 dollar bill back
  • 20 dollar bill back



  • elbirth
    Oct 21, 10:33 PM
    Anyone know anything about these suppliers, other than Crucial Technology?

    Several co-workers of mine have used 18004memory and Datamem and rave about how good they are. Pretty low prices compared to other places and they seem to be fairly reliable.

    I bought a 1GB stick from 18004memory for my MacBook Pro but it makes it reboot once every few days or so (once I take it out, it'll go weeks without randomly rebooting). I need to RMA it, but I think it was just bad luck on my part.





    2 dollar bill back. 50 dollar bill back. a used
  • 50 dollar bill back. a used



  • AppliedVisual
    Oct 28, 01:03 PM
    Probably true, and quite sad really. SGI was a heck of a company in its day. I'm not sure they could have adapted. Once everybody else abandoned MIPS SGI couldn't afford new processor revisions by themselves, and the false promise that was (and is) Itanium irrevocably doomed them. Itanium basically killed off all the competition when the Unix vendors all hopped on the Itanium bandwagon, and Intel's complete failure to deliver on Itanium's promises looks in hindsight to have been Intel's plan all along. Just think of the performance a MIPS cpu would have were it given the development dollars x86 gets.

    SGI tried to build more popularity for MIPS by spinning it off as a totally separate company in the late '90s. But other than embedded applications and various closed architecture implementations, the MIPS CPUs became a dead product line. Too bad, they were always fairly nice CPUs... As for the Itanium deal, the only major UNIX vendor that essentially sunk with the Itanic was SGI. Sun just brushed it off and moved on, as did HP and IBM. SGI's ship was sinking long before thier jump to IA64... They initially started to even go x86 and it was totally obvious that this would work for them. But I think their corporate leadership and investors panicked when suddenly they had two Windows systems on the market that were outperforming their current model Irix workstations for less than half the price. If SGI was smart, they would have dug right in and milked that cow for all it was worth and continued to expand their x86 lines... 64bit x86 was already on the drawing board back then so it wasn't an unknown factor. SGI would have done well to port Irix to x86, too bad they didn't have the foresight to do it.

    SGI's technology isn't so much obsolete (who else sells systems with the capacity of an Altix 4700?) as it is unnecessary. 4 CPU Intel machines do just fine for 99.9% of people these days, and the kind of problems SGI machines are good at solving are a tiny niche. That's not just number crunching, a big SGI machine has I/O capacity that smokes a PC cluster.

    Altix is nice, but hardly unique in todays marketplace. That and it's still Itanium based, which is a glaring red flag. I'd much rather go for one of Sun's large-scale solutions based on Opteron CPUs. It may only give me 90% of the per-CPU performance with 70% of the bandwidth across the entire cluster, but it's also half the price and I know that the CPU architecture will still be supported several years from now. Itanium is all but dead and Intel doesn't even seem interested in supporting it anymore. Most major workstation and server vendors have dropped it already and Intel has missed ship dates for most of the IA64 products on their roadmap. SGI claims they came out of bankruptcy a very focused and agile company... Yet they're still producing products based on a CPU architecture most the rest of the industry has already written off. So yeah, niche market for sure. SGI can't even muster the resources to continue development of Irix and it's being discontinued this year. So now all they have is some overgrown IA64 Linux boxes. What's going to happen if their current sales figures stay about the same and their own technologies dry up? They're just going to become another business-oriented Linux server vendor placing off-the-shelf components in some of the prettiest boxes around for a super-premium price. ...That's practically all they are now and the only thing that really differentiates their products (other than the cool system bezels and rack enclosures) is their NUMALink design.

    I used to be very fond of SGI and their products, but that was years ago... The past 6 years have been a continuous downhill spiral and the company I once loved has been dead and gone for a long time now.





    2 dollar bill back. new 100 dollar bill back.
  • new 100 dollar bill back.



  • milo
    Jul 13, 09:51 AM
    because the price difference is not that much and it saves apple more on design/engineering/testing/support ect. it makes great financial sense to consolidate your product line into one platform.

    Based on the numbers I've seen the difference IS very substantial. Not only is the CPU more expensive, the mobo and memory are both quite a bit more.

    In this case, design/engineering/testing/support costs relatively little, since they could even use a slightly modified stock intel mobo if they want, no reason to do anything custom (at least on the low end).

    Doesn't make business sense to hold out the Macbook with just Yonah when all the other companies will be filling their 13.3/14 laptops with 64bit Meroms as soon as possible.

    Will they? Isn't the yonah cheaper? And since they'll want to have some budget machines won't they continue to use it on the low end?

    As for Conroes being too hot for an iMac, that strikes me as ridiculous. From what I've read, conroes use 40% less power than Pentium D's and are very efficient in terms of power to performance.

    That comparison tells us nothing. How does conroe's power and heat compare to yonah? We'll only see it in the iMac if it's not much hotter.

    How much hotter would a MacBook Pro be with a single Woodcrest?

    Likely insanely hotter. And battery life would be about a half hour. Not to mention the price. No freaking way.

    Second, you still not mentioned what apps would substitute the Adobe trio mentioned above.

    Sounds like YOU don't get it. The point isn't that graphics guys have a substitute for photoshop. The point is that there are tons of mac users who aren't graphics guys. For guys running Logic, FCS or any of the other universal apps, the intel towers will be great. Not every mac user runs photoshop.

    Thank You my Good Man. This is the Biggest Leap since 486 to P6 or 6800 to PowerPC and the Mac Snobs are not even appreciative about it , while the Intelligent folk at the tech forums who actually understand hardware are elated.

    Don't be an ass. There are some mac folk who just don't get it and think that conroe is inferior to woodcrest. But there are plenty of us who do get it and would love to see conroe in the cheapest mac pro. I agree with your assessment of the chips, but your petty name calling borders on trolling. Lay off already.

    we are not saying conroe is crap it just is not suitable for a mac pro.

    Why not?? Right now we have dual and quad core configs of G5, why would a similar lineup on intel be "not suitable"? Other than the multi chip configs, woodcrest doesn't have much of an advantage over conroe. I'd love to see conroe in the base tower (or mini tower), the alternative is a dual core woodcrest config that is matched or beaten by a dual core conroe PC that's VASTLY cheaper.





    2 dollar bill back. 20 dollar bill back
  • 20 dollar bill back



  • Cromulent
    Mar 27, 04:56 PM
    Although that's true, it doesn't show that homosexuality is a healthy quality to have.

    It's funny how social attitudes change. In Christian Rome it was considered perfectly normal for men to have (male) child partners (although this seems to be coming back into fashion in the Catholic church).

    In Sparta homosexuality was encouraged because it was thought that spending too much time with women would weaken and feminise the male warriors.

    In other city states in ancient Greece homosexuality was also considered the norm.





    2 dollar bill back. 50 dollar bill back. new 100
  • 50 dollar bill back. new 100



  • WalkingDED
    Mar 18, 11:21 AM
    I actually paid for MyWi and I only use it to tether my iPad. I use it instead of (not in addition to) my iPhone and only when wifi is not available.





    2 dollar bill back. 20+dollar+ill+ack+side
  • 20+dollar+ill+ack+side



  • Interstella5555
    Mar 18, 10:51 AM
    Do napster and limewire even exist anymore?

    Napster's legit, and only porn hungry idiots who like downloadig viruses use limewire...





    2 dollar bill back. canadian 20 dollar bill back.
  • canadian 20 dollar bill back.



  • HiRez
    Sep 12, 05:31 PM
    Dream On!

    The NFL charges $199.00 for Sunday Ticket and an additonal $100.00 for HD content of only some of the games. They would never let live games be streamed for $30 for an entire season.Yeah, but that's for every NFL game, right? I'm just talking about the games for a single team, 16 total games throughout the season. I agree with you, $30 is probably too low but still, it should be a lot less than Sunday Ticket. Wouldn't they rather get most of that money directly (with a small cut to Apple) rather than getting a tiny sliver from Comcast (where it's part of the extended cable package and not charged for separately)?





    2 dollar bill back. dollar bill back side.
  • dollar bill back side.



  • awmazz
    Mar 15, 10:59 AM
    I don't think you understand

    What the hell are you talking about? You don't even make any sense.

    Do you have the slightest inkling..? Do you have an inkling ..?

    Do you think the reactor is a jar of cookies?

    Any idea?

    you think 9/11 was a hoax too, right?

    Might need an extra layer of tinfoil on that hat of yours.

    who would try to build a lousy wall to combat that?

    Are you sure they weren't mistaking a levy for a "tsunami wall"?

    You're really being out of line.

    No, of course he didn't. If he tried to, he surely didn't understand it.

    I think you're a very paranoid individual

    I'm guessing you also don't understand

    I haven't seen you try to take down any of the nuclear experts posted, or address a single bit of science

    I don't even know why I waste my time.

    I know exactly why you waste your time. Because it makes you feel intellectually superior.

    Like I said. You may know atomics. I know people. :cool:





    2 dollar bill back. canadian 20 dollar bill back.
  • canadian 20 dollar bill back.



  • FSUSem1noles
    Mar 18, 08:24 AM
    Sir it is perfect.

    You are paying for the same thing.

    I have an unlimted plan

    and I never have gone over 5gb

    if one has a 2gb plan and never goes over and we both surf on the internet
    Tethering whats the difference?

    I have no idea why you can't understand Data=Data
    Water=Water
    both are pure
    the logic so you understand

    I drink water = use Data on the phone
    I pour water over my head = Data through tethering

    So its valid. Using the same amount of substance, what we pay for, to do things in different ways, what should not matter.

    Amount should be the issue not how I used it.

    even my 10 year old son LOL when we talked about this, he said he doesn't understand why you would pay twice for the same thing.

    Obviously it escapes you.

    Let's try explaining it this way...

    When you subscribe to cable, you pick a package that provides you with the channels that you want. There are various packages, but ultimately it's all just video streaming over a cable (bits in this day and age, not analog)...

    Based on yours and others arguements, why can't we all just pay for basic cable and get all 500+ channels plus the premium channels for free? Very simply, you're paying for a package with specific features....

    With your cellular service, you chose a package that meets your needs. You have 3 options for data plans at this point, well, 4 technically...

    1) Your grandfathered unlimited plan

    2) 250mb

    3) Data Pro 2GB

    4) Data Pro 2GB + Tethering 2GB for a total of 4GB....

    Tethering is not the same as using the data on your device, essentially tethering is using your phone as a modem. You data plan (which I'm assuming is either unlimited or 250mb) does not include the feature of using your phone as a modem, that's what the extra charge is for....

    If you want to tether, you need to pay for the appropriate package. Just like if you want HBO, Showtime, or HDTV you need to pay for the appropriate cable package...





    2 dollar bill back. 10 dollar bill back.
  • 10 dollar bill back.



  • Max(IT)
    Apr 21, 05:33 AM
    Except for the inferior interface, battery life, apps and usability you mean.. Otherwise they are exactly the same!


    Lol ...
    Exactly :D

    So wait, you don't own a Mac or an iDevice but you post here constantly?

    Eheheh, he's not the only one.
    There is a specific term to define people like him on a forum ;)





    2 dollar bill back. Ah to be ack in the states,
  • Ah to be ack in the states,



  • FloatingBones
    Apr 28, 09:12 AM
    Almost all of that is due to the iPad. They had around 4% of the global market for computers last year.

    If you run the numbers, you'll see it's actually closer to 5% than 4%. Call it 4.5%.





    2 dollar bill back. canadian 20 dollar bill back.
  • canadian 20 dollar bill back.



  • D4F
    Apr 28, 07:41 AM
    Next year you will see iPhones and iPods counted too. I mean you need to do all you can to make it look good to shareholders.





    2 dollar bill back. The Two Dollar Bill
  • The Two Dollar Bill



  • MacBoobsPro
    Oct 26, 10:36 AM
    16 cores in 2007
    32 cores in 2008
    64 cores in 2009
    128 cores in 2010

    You want to wait 'til 2010 at the soonest? :rolleyes:

    4 years. Cant wait. My emailing exploits will just zip along.

    How many chips would it span though?





    Luph67
    Apr 6, 09:27 PM
    Is customization really any worse than windows? I have never found customization in windows to be very intuitive, and one of the draws for OS X for me would be that it looks so much cleaner (by default). I've spent ages customizing windows and can never make it look good with solid-style windows anymore. It's either transparency or it looks horrible, and I am not a big fan of transparency or aero. The only thing I can imagine wanting to customize in OS X are the icons and I already know that much easier solutions exist than for windows.





    i_am_a_cow
    Mar 19, 05:46 PM
    I wish people would understand that this program is mainly created so that people who use Linux (don't know if you have heard of it, it has a larger market share than Mac OS X if I remember right :rolleyes: ) can listen to the music which they have purchased.

    If Apple would just stop being *******s and port iTunes and Quicktime to Linux we wouldn't have these "problems," which in reality are nothing more than people trying to use Linux. I am totally for that.

    I'm not able to use Linux on my new Powerbook because Apple, like usual, won't open up airport extreme card drivers.

    Apple, you are ridiculous.





    dante@sisna.com
    Oct 26, 11:28 AM
    Wow. You must be using some uber version of PS.
    I havent managed to break 110% whatever I am doing with my MP.
    You have the CS 3 or 4?

    Ooooh..
    Have you tought that that might be the reason for the high cpu usage? Eh? By any coincidence?

    No -- WE DO THIS KIND OF WORK EVERYDAY. We are a production lab with a 20 year history. We have used Photoshop in Isolation on multiple One Gig Files using Actions to process as many as 40 files at one -- so nearly 40 Gig.

    Run an RGB to CMYK conversion on a 1 Gig Photoshop file with embedded profiles -- watch activity monitor. See that all four processors kick in for this processes. Many Photoshop processes efficiently use all four processors.

    Besides the main point of the original post is that users don't see much improvement with Quad Cores --- this is just plain WRONG.





    winmacguy
    Mar 18, 02:17 PM
    It's a great convenience until the RIAA gets pissed and either changes their mind about downloadable music or tells Apple to hike their prices.

    We shouldn't worry though, Apple will defeat this in no time.

    Maybe some big company should tell the greedy money grubbing RIAA to "go jump in the Lake" and just leave things how they are instead of trying to change Apples DRM and create even more restrictions to what you can do with legally purchased music. Maybe if the greedy money grubbing RIAA looked at changeing its business model to bring it inline with the newer digital age it might find some better way of doing things. After all there is NO evidence that file sharing kills music and CD sales.

    What the evidence actually tells us is file sharers are downloading singles which the music industry doesnt cater for so they get the impression that they are losing sales.

    Hmmmm methinks that maybe the RIAA needs to adjust its buiness model to meet the changing music environment rather than change the business environment to keep with its outdated business model.

    Cheers Winmacguy

    PS I was aware as mentioned in the article that in Apple's case you still have to purchase the music before you can strip the DRM from it unlike Napsters music which you onliy have to pay $15 for as much as you can eat!





    ddtlm
    Oct 7, 03:53 PM
    Backtothemac:

    Jesus you still don't get it. If you compare Apples to Apples, the 1.6GHZ Dual Athlon is still slower in apps that are multi processor aware. Now, how about the PIV? How does that stack up? The x86 is garbage. Any real IT director would know that.
    No, I "get it" fine. Don't bother testing a 1.6ghz dual Athlon when 1.8ghz dual Athlons are readily available. It would do you good to note that this test did not cover all "apps that are multi processor aware", it covered only two apps that are multi-processor aware, and on one of them the Mac looses by a lot. Even on its one win, the dual 1.25 G4 would still loose to a top-of-the-line dual Athlon. Which is slower than a top-of-the-line dual Xeon. Get it?



    No comments:

    Post a Comment