Stella
Apr 25, 02:19 PM
Apple may ( are probably ) innocent, but they mis managed this. If they pushed out an official press release to explain why this, instead of keeping quite then the whole thing would have blown over.
Eidorian
Jul 14, 11:20 PM
Uhhhh Nero Burning ROM does , oops i forgot there is no Nero for Mac just plain TOAST..lol
I just love my Dual 16x NEC ND-3550A's :D ...burn baby burn.
Also if this is the Best Apple can do at these prices then they should have just went Conroe, These MacPros are going to get killed by $999 Mom and Pop's PC's from Gateway/HP/Dell.
512MB DDR2 on a $1799 PC in mid 2006 , you gotta be f**kin' kidding me. Jobs must really think you people are stupid.
man I guess I won't even have to OC my E6600 to cream that $2499 machine. This was a stupid move Apple. Pay more for Less.Yeah, I know that Nero Burning ROM can handle multiple drives. If you have enough CPU power I bet Finder can burn two data DVD's at once. I'm stuck on a lowly G4 800 MHz so I don't want to tax the poor girl.
I just love my Dual 16x NEC ND-3550A's :D ...burn baby burn.
Also if this is the Best Apple can do at these prices then they should have just went Conroe, These MacPros are going to get killed by $999 Mom and Pop's PC's from Gateway/HP/Dell.
512MB DDR2 on a $1799 PC in mid 2006 , you gotta be f**kin' kidding me. Jobs must really think you people are stupid.
man I guess I won't even have to OC my E6600 to cream that $2499 machine. This was a stupid move Apple. Pay more for Less.Yeah, I know that Nero Burning ROM can handle multiple drives. If you have enough CPU power I bet Finder can burn two data DVD's at once. I'm stuck on a lowly G4 800 MHz so I don't want to tax the poor girl.
Chundles
Jul 21, 06:02 AM
I'm going to start saving now for whatever the latest and greatest Mac desktop/monitor combination is in around 2010.
Then I'll post pics of me using it for Word, internet browsing and email. Maybe a bit of iTunes.
Those 16+ cores and lots of RAM will make Safari absolutely fly!!!
Then I'll post pics of me using it for Word, internet browsing and email. Maybe a bit of iTunes.
Those 16+ cores and lots of RAM will make Safari absolutely fly!!!
mlayer
Mar 31, 03:12 PM
A big part of each Android OEM partner's strategy has been to differentiate by software, usually through skinning. I'm curious to know what this means for them when Ice Cream comes around. How limited will they be in terms of customization? And if differentiation is curtailed, how can the OEM's stand out? What's to stop some no-name upstart from undercutting all of them and eating their lunch? The era of the commodity smartphone has officially begun and it's a race to the bottom for Android partners. Apple may not win the market share war, but as long as they maintain margins, sell out every unit and maintain customer satisfaction, they'll be in an enviable position.
ergle2
Sep 19, 08:38 PM
then i will have to work just a little bit harder i'm afraid ;)
i'll start with the 1 gig ram, maybe 2, and later i will be upgrading,it can't stay expansive forever.
thx again for your reply
DailyTech (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4217) has a mention of the Core 2 Quadro processors.
Pricing mentioned was a little lower than I expected, but it's processors in the Conroe line rather than the Xeon. Having said that, the 3GHz Xeon is slightly cheaper than the 2.93GHz Conroe.
As expected, the highest rated speed mentioned is 2.67Ghz.
i'll start with the 1 gig ram, maybe 2, and later i will be upgrading,it can't stay expansive forever.
thx again for your reply
DailyTech (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4217) has a mention of the Core 2 Quadro processors.
Pricing mentioned was a little lower than I expected, but it's processors in the Conroe line rather than the Xeon. Having said that, the 3GHz Xeon is slightly cheaper than the 2.93GHz Conroe.
As expected, the highest rated speed mentioned is 2.67Ghz.
FleurDuMal
Sep 12, 11:28 AM
A bit pointless given that no software utilises the extra cores yet. But nice to know, I guess.
I'm still getting used to having two cores in my laptop!
I'm still getting used to having two cores in my laptop!
balamw
Aug 7, 04:42 PM
Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)
Remember that Vista and Leopard are desktop OSes, not server OSes...
Anyhow, I'll wait until I see Vista 1.0 (not RC2) before I'm sure about that. ;)
B
Remember that Vista and Leopard are desktop OSes, not server OSes...
Anyhow, I'll wait until I see Vista 1.0 (not RC2) before I'm sure about that. ;)
B
dernhelm
Mar 31, 05:46 PM
There they go, building their own little walled garden...
MrCrowbar
Jul 20, 08:25 AM
Would be a very long keynote too:
- release date of 10.5 revealed - possibly more stuff revealed
- new software (considerable update to iWork if the rumours are true)
- iMac/MacBook updates
- iPod/iTunes stuff
And one more thing: The Auad PowerMac has been the fastest Mac until today. I present to you the new Octa Mac Pro!"
- release date of 10.5 revealed - possibly more stuff revealed
- new software (considerable update to iWork if the rumours are true)
- iMac/MacBook updates
- iPod/iTunes stuff
And one more thing: The Auad PowerMac has been the fastest Mac until today. I present to you the new Octa Mac Pro!"
ugp
Jun 9, 10:10 PM
I am doing my pre-order without even walking into the Store. The perks of knowing the Manager. He is going to take care of everything for me because I know he wants that SPIFF lol.
For any of your Radio Shack employees does your store plan on opening at 6AM? My friend said for the Evo launch they opened just for Evo customers at 6AM and he doesn't see any reason they would not do this for the iPhone 4 as well.
For any of your Radio Shack employees does your store plan on opening at 6AM? My friend said for the Evo launch they opened just for Evo customers at 6AM and he doesn't see any reason they would not do this for the iPhone 4 as well.
Snowy_River
Jul 30, 02:08 AM
It looks pretty good! The extra room would allow for the 3.5" HDD and a dedicated GPU--making it a "true" media center.
Not to nitpick, but maybe it would only have to be 1.5x wider rather than 2x wide. Either way, I think it's pretty cool. Thanks! ;)
I think that the bigger issue with Dan=='s design (full credit and kudos for the idea!) is that the Mac Mini is so small that it only uses laptop components. If you want to have a full-size optical drive or a full-size hard drive, you need to use a larger form factor. This is part of the reason for the size of my design.
Here's a comparison in sizes (I've also changed the floor because my wife thought that the reflection was confusing...)
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsFrontSm.png
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsBackSm.png
Cheers!
Not to nitpick, but maybe it would only have to be 1.5x wider rather than 2x wide. Either way, I think it's pretty cool. Thanks! ;)
I think that the bigger issue with Dan=='s design (full credit and kudos for the idea!) is that the Mac Mini is so small that it only uses laptop components. If you want to have a full-size optical drive or a full-size hard drive, you need to use a larger form factor. This is part of the reason for the size of my design.
Here's a comparison in sizes (I've also changed the floor because my wife thought that the reflection was confusing...)
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsFrontSm.png
http://www.ghwphoto.com/3MacsBackSm.png
Cheers!
mike2732
Mar 26, 01:41 PM
Please release OS X Lion on a cool Apple flash drive :cool:
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
They would have to: otherwise MBA users wouldn't be able to upgrade.
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
They would have to: otherwise MBA users wouldn't be able to upgrade.
bommai
Apr 7, 10:19 PM
Wow. I bought mine at Best Buy on opening day and they sold out of them. Why in anybody's right mind would best buy not sell what they have?

littleman23408
Dec 1, 04:41 PM
Well i'm retarded. After all that yelling at the tv, I didn't realize there were two laps. :p. When I looked at the one person's post that gave me a little help, i thought "why is he talking about so many turns?"
After realizing it was 2 laps, I easily beat it.
After realizing it was 2 laps, I easily beat it.
dethmaShine
Apr 12, 03:11 PM
3am.
Thanks.
And that's not good.
Thanks.
And that's not good.
Bill McEnaney
Apr 28, 02:57 PM
...so what you said about doubting and not believing is not true.
I was making a general point. Skunk is asking about a specific one. If I deny that I believe some proposition, that may because I haven't formed any opinion about whether it's true. If I haven't formed any opinion about whether that proposition is true, I neither believe that proposition, doubt it, nor believe that it's false. I've suspended judgment about it. You ask me whether I like lobster. I say "no" because I haven't tried it. Since I haven't tried it, I have no idea whether I'll like it. I'll tell you, "Let's wait and see whether I'll like it." Skunk told me that he didn't hate me. I'm glad he doesn't hate me, but I don't know whether he likes me. If he dislikes me, that's all right. But if he says that he doesn't hate me, that doesn't imply that he likes me.
No, folks, I haven't been talking in circles.
I was making a general point. Skunk is asking about a specific one. If I deny that I believe some proposition, that may because I haven't formed any opinion about whether it's true. If I haven't formed any opinion about whether that proposition is true, I neither believe that proposition, doubt it, nor believe that it's false. I've suspended judgment about it. You ask me whether I like lobster. I say "no" because I haven't tried it. Since I haven't tried it, I have no idea whether I'll like it. I'll tell you, "Let's wait and see whether I'll like it." Skunk told me that he didn't hate me. I'm glad he doesn't hate me, but I don't know whether he likes me. If he dislikes me, that's all right. But if he says that he doesn't hate me, that doesn't imply that he likes me.
No, folks, I haven't been talking in circles.
iWonderwhy
Mar 22, 07:25 PM
D.O.A.
iOS 5 will only further put these wannabes back in their place.
iOS 5 will only further put these wannabes back in their place.
GekkePrutser
Apr 6, 11:13 AM
IMHO i would love to see an 11.6 MBA with an i3. So that there could still be enough power for backlit.
And please, do make the screen better for the 11.6
There isn't an i3 in any low voltage or ultra low voltage spec for Sandy Bridge.
And please, do make the screen better for the 11.6
There isn't an i3 in any low voltage or ultra low voltage spec for Sandy Bridge.
mactoday
Apr 6, 11:08 AM
eh, I don't see how it's significant for anything other than aesthetic purposes. If you're working in the dark the display itself is going to provide enough illumination as it is. Just seems like a waste.
Well, I work on my MacBook Pro now in bed and it's a pleasure to type on the back light keyboard. You reduce brightness of the display when you work in the dark conditions, I do. So, it's not enough to see the keys, but I don't much care about it, because I could type without looking on the keys, but most of the Apple customers who buys Air's can't type blind.
Well, I work on my MacBook Pro now in bed and it's a pleasure to type on the back light keyboard. You reduce brightness of the display when you work in the dark conditions, I do. So, it's not enough to see the keys, but I don't much care about it, because I could type without looking on the keys, but most of the Apple customers who buys Air's can't type blind.
nvjusme
Jun 14, 08:31 PM
Radio Shack employees are clueless and have very little information about the Iphone 4 preorder. It looks like they are only taking names and they'll call you when they get them, whenever that is.
takao
Dec 3, 05:28 PM
I've started rally a bit today while i save up for a car with a bit more balls. Rally is completely sublime. I am loving every second of it. I had no problem with the dirt and snow tracks, but the tarmac rally is giving me some trouble. I use an 06 Focus ST that is around 215hp, so i can bump up the HP and still compete in the series. I might just have to do that.
same here .. on tarmac level there always seems to be 1 car in the bunch who will cause me troubles with being really fast
same here .. on tarmac level there always seems to be 1 car in the bunch who will cause me troubles with being really fast
sososowhat
Aug 7, 03:17 PM
The new HW is fine, but Leopard is exciting! I'll look forward to this as I have all the big cats. Time machine is a great idea; love the additions to iChat & spotlight.
GorillaPaws
Aug 7, 03:49 PM
I was impressed w/ the new iChat features. It will really help me troubleshoot w/ my mom, who is less-than-tech-savy. I'm a good two hours away from her when I'm up at school, so it'll be nice to be able to show her stuff. Plus with the new backgrounds she won't be able to see how filthy my apartment is :D .
Time machine was cool looking, although I'm not sure how often I'll truly use it.
The other thing that popped out at me (after just glancing at the website) was the really cool core animation vid they had up. That would be an amazing screen-saver, I hope they add that in to Leopard for impressing my PC friends. I'm still not sure what the potential uses are for developers are, other than eye candy. I haven't seen many apps that take advantage of core video yet so i wonder how useful this will be to developers. I'd love to hear what you all think about core animation and if it will have any utility.
Time machine was cool looking, although I'm not sure how often I'll truly use it.
The other thing that popped out at me (after just glancing at the website) was the really cool core animation vid they had up. That would be an amazing screen-saver, I hope they add that in to Leopard for impressing my PC friends. I'm still not sure what the potential uses are for developers are, other than eye candy. I haven't seen many apps that take advantage of core video yet so i wonder how useful this will be to developers. I'd love to hear what you all think about core animation and if it will have any utility.
runninmac
Aug 7, 03:23 PM
Wow! Just about everything was bad ass! Time Machine seems awesome, so many times I have saved over a document and didn't have a back up. Now all I need is an external drive.
Were they serious when they said they were saving the best feature for later?
Were they serious when they said they were saving the best feature for later?
No comments:
Post a Comment